Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Adventures of Cooking...



Well, it has been one heck of a day. After a hard day's work, I decided that I would actually cook a homemade meal for dinner. My brother and I thought it would be fun to have dinner together and share in this most uplifting experiences...cooking our first meals in the new apartment. The other night we went shopping at Costco and bought a bunch of groceries, so we felt we were prepared. Anyways, I started cooking some rice, and my brother was going to bring over some chicken. He calls me and tells me to set the oven to 400 degrees. After a few minutes, I could smell something funny, but thought nothing of it, that it could possibly be just the new oven smell? Boy was I wrong! I posted earlier of those Cort guys who put away all of the dishes and things? Well, they didn't tell me that they put some of the pans in the oven. There was a cookie sheet with a plastic advertisement on it, which melted to the pan and now is impossible to get off...ugh....one pan pretty much ruined... :(




Anyways, dinner ended up looking like this:

Looks nice, doesn't it? Everything was fine, until we realized that we had no salt, pepper, ketchup, butter, or seasonings of any kind. Aack! But other than that, dinner was great!

2 comments:

Dina said...

Looks good! I am way impressed by you guys!

Mamapierce said...

Chicken nuggets...classy, indeed. ;o) Sorry about the cookie sheet. That will probably encourage you to open the oven before you turn it on. ;o)